We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Honeysuckle Veterinary Rehabilitation Centre may alter this policy from time to time, please check to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from May 2018.
What We Collect
- Name and address
- Contact information, including email address and phone number
- Pet details, including name, breed age and if relevant, any previous veterinary history. This information may be collected from the Veterinary surgeon referring to the centre.
- Any pet insurance details
When We May Request This Information
- On initial registration
- Making an appointment
- Submitting an insurance claim for your pet
- Sending an enquiry to us
- Before sending reports to referring vets
- Before making onward referrals
Why We Request This Information
To understand your needs and to enable us to provide a quality service, and this may be for the following reasons:
- To assess your pet(s) and maintain accurate rehabilitation records
- We may also send you a Newsletter or inform you of any promotional offers that we feel you may benefit from
- To obtain any previous veterinary history from another practice
- To process insurance claims on your behalf
- To process payment for any services provided
We may sometimes engage with you through social media channels.
- When we do so, we may see the personal information which you have shared with the social media platform, but we do not collect or store this information.
- If you communicate with us through a social media platform, for example Facebook messenger, we may retain your messages with the messaging platform for a reasonable period.
- If you publicly share any information with us through social media, please note that we are unable to control who sees that information.
Who Your Information May Be Shared With
We may share your personal information with third parties to help us to provide our service to you. We do not sell or lease your data.
The following is a list of the types of organisation with whom we share your information:
- Law enforcement agencies if requested in order to prevent any unlawful activity
- Your pet’s insurance provider if applicable
- Other veterinary practices including referral centres
- Our database provider, if necessary for resolving any technical issues
- Organisations which support us with the email or text communications we deliver to you
- Organisations who provide a supplementary service to our rehabilitation centre, including splint and brace manufacturers
How long we keep your information
We store your personal information as long as reasonably required to provide our service to you.
- We shall hold your information whilst you are a registered client
- We shall continue to hold your personal information for a reasonable period even if you are no longer a client in order to comply with the requirements of our insurers and our professional regulator
We are fully committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place a suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedure to safeguard any information that we hold.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You are able to choose and restrict the information that we hold or collect in a number of ways:
- You may contact us at any time by email or telephone and opt in or out of any of the facilities.
- You may tick the relevant box on any forms that you are requested to complete.
You may request to see the details of any information that we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of this, or would like any of this information to be altered, then please contact the centre manager by email at email@example.com or by telephone 01308 862312